Almost all website are created with a content management system or CMS for short so when it come down to Custom vs Template WordPress Design. By far the most popular CMS is WordPress, in fact, 25% of the world’s most popular websites are created on the WordPress platform including TechCrunch, BBC America, Sony Music and Time just to name a few.
When it comes to creating an online presence for your business, just like your marketing materials and office’s appearance, your website needs to project a professional image. The more professional looking your business appears, the more credible it looks. However, as with any purchase, it is a good idea to compare options to help decide which one is right for you.
The Pros & Cons of Custom Designed Built Websites
- The website will have a completely unique design that will incorporate your company’s branding and will be based on the needs of your business
- Custom-built sites are flexible and can grow with you. Down the road you might need significant changes to not only the design but also the functionality of your site. If you’re working with a template site, you may have to start over in the event of major changes.
- Search engine optimization is better in custom-built sites. This is a key part of your digital promotion, especially if you are targeting a specific geographic area or service/product segment.
- The process to create a custom site takes longer than a template site.
- A customized website is more expensive than a template.
The Pros & Cons of Using a Template for Your Website
- There is a cheaper cost upfront.
- Templates site have a shorter development time.
- You are limited on how much you can customize the site; what you see is what you get.
- Lots of other businesses/competitors could be using the same template which means your site won’t stand out as much.
- Template sites will mostly likely not have as good of a support system as a custom built site.
There are a lot of other factors to consider, however, the above should give you a better understanding when making a decision. In short a custom design is always a better option if cost and time are not factors, if your in a rush for your website or on a tight budget then considering a template would be your next best option.
When it Custom or Template WordPress Designs, contact us at Ballito Web Design and we’ll help you make the right decision at the most affordable price.